Wednesday 15 October 2014

Led By Heart: you'll find what you're looking for

This is part 15 of my 'Led By Heart' series for the 31-day writing challenge. You can find the list of all my 31 posts here. Click here to check out the other participating blogs!



What are you looking for?

What do you expect to find?

What kind of experience do you expect (intent, really) to have... when you're starting your day each morning, when you're meeting new people, when you're about to try something new, when you're sitting down at your desk wanting to get some work done?

Do you think that you'll have fun, that you'll be able to do whatever you need to do? Do you expect it'll be easy, or difficult? And how do you suspect people will react to what you're doing?

What are you looking for when you're looking at others and when you're talking to them? If they are of a different race, come form a low-income neighbourhood, their approach to faith/religion is different from yours? Are you looking for kindness, compassion, the quality of being human/a child of God? Or is it judgement, rejection, indifference?

I've realized today that I may have been looking for a job for several months, but I have not really been expecting to find it. I've been searching with a feeling of defeat and utter lack of trust. Deep down I didn't really believe I would find it; yes, because I didn't believe in my Self, and I have been expecting it to be difficult and have been focusing on all the obstacles and all my "weaknesses" and all the reasons why my CV is not "good enough". And I think that's why the opportunities have been so scarce...

Is it possible that that's how you, too, are looking for a new job or a new partner? Is that how you begin your exercise routine, how you're approaching that new project at work, or even your whole life?

___________

I absolutely love the message of this short film.

A documentarist Halley Bartholomew and her family decided to carry out a little experiment and look for "love" - and on a beach close to their home they began looking for heart-shaped pebbles.

Watch what they've found:



Finding Love from hailey bartholomew on Vimeo.


What are you looking for in life and in others?

P.S.: if you're not sure, just look around you - what you see is what you've been looking for up to this moment...


signature photo signature_zpsf3ebdce2.png

6 comments:

  1. This is such a good reminder! I don't know that I know what I'm looking for, so I suppose I'll have to spend some time finding out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome and liberating thing to do, finding out what you're looking for :) Good luck and thanks for stopping by, Melissa!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for asking so many great questions! I really like to ask questions in posts. Questions cause people to think...and participate.
    Thank you and bless you in your search and in life to find all that is TRUE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa! Hopefully I am on my way to finding whatever is true <3

      Delete
  3. Hugs to you!! I hope you're able to awaken that expectancy within you... I know it goes a LONG way in the job hunt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah! I do hope that when I adjust my expectations a little bit, more opportunities will come my way :)

      Delete