Friday 24 October 2014

What do you put first?

This is part 24 of my 'Led By Heart' series for the 31-day writing challenge. You can find the list of all my 31 posts here. Click here to check out the other participating blogs!



I really like the idea of saying "It's not a priority for me", instead of "I'm just so busy, I don't have time for that." Why going to the trouble of coming up with all the excuses when most of the time the truth is plain and simple. We make time for who and what we want. 

What are you putting first in your life? And is it really what matters most?

It seems to me that the biggest lesson yet to be learnt for me is how to balance it all. All the parts and aspects of my life... I think it's time to set my priorities straight, so that it would no longer be about what I want right now, but what matters most to me. Let's make it priorities over conveniences.

I believe that that's how we change our lives - it is only when what we truly want most is firmly placed in our hearts, that we'll be able to make better moment-to-moment decisions, plan our day in a more meaningful day, and very plainly: be happier.

Our priorities are not what we say they are, they're reflected in how we live.

We always have time for the things we put first. Let's begin finding ways and stop making excuses.

And this is my (renewed) list:

My spiritual life.
My relationship with God, with myself and the world. Seeing Him in everyone. Creating a life filled with peace, trust, love and forgiveness. Helping people. Sharing what I've learnt along my journey.
Creating memories and having experiences, not more things.

My relationship with my man, my family and friends.
Always making time for them. Supporting and encouraging. Caring.

My job.
Finding one. Becoming financially independent. Making a difference. Doing something meaningful, useful, helpful. Doing what I love. Being proud of my work. Staying curious, humble and keeping a beginner-mentality.

My hobbies. 
Writing, drawing, exercising, cooking, reading, traveling, dancing, arts, films, languages...
Caring for the environment. Having an 'green' lifestyle.

(to be modified... & continued...)


What's on your list? :)

post signature

2 comments:

  1. This a great reminder! I saw a sermon series by Craig Groeschel a few years ago called Margin. It really changed how I prioritize and schedule my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My list includes making time to follow my dreams of writing and having my photographs published. This #write31days challenge has certainly helped!

    ReplyDelete